These courses are designed for adults only, you must be 18 or older to attend unless a specific arrangement has been made with me.
You can read what other people think about the courses on the beginners spoon course reviews page.
Book on to a course
One day foundation course for beginners and improvers. Improvers are those of you who’ve carved a bit before but want to improve skills and gain confidence.
- Mar Sat 23rd, Sun 24th – in the yurt at Day’s Cottage, Brookthorpe, between Gloucester and Stroud.
- Apr Sat 13th, Sun 14th – in the yurt at Day’s Cottage, Brookthorpe, between Gloucester and Stroud.
- May Sat 25th, Sun 26th – at The Woodyard, on an organic farm near Tetbury, Gloucestershire.
- For notification of dates and courses please sign up to my newsletter (sign up is on the right hand side of this page if you’re on a computer or down below if you’re using a phone).
please click on the picture or course title below for more info.
Next course dates
If you want to do a course but can’t make any of the available dates please contact me an let me know. If there’s enough requests I’ll put on some extra courses. I’m also planning occasional courses for more advanced spoon carving topics.
Courses in spring and autumn will be held in the yurt at Days Cottage orchard, Brookthorpe (on A416 between Stroud and Gloucester). Full directions provided in the joining instructions I send out a few days before the course. In summer months courses are at workshop at The Woodyard, near Tetbury. In deepest winter I’m moving indoors and courses will be at the community workshop in Nailsworth home of Practical Intelligence.
Course Vouchers – or discount vouchers
You can buy a gift voucher that covers the whole cost of a course from this website, just look on the courses page and purchase a gift voucher. You’ll recieve a voucher code they can use to book a course at a date that suits you.
About the courses
Summer season courses are at The Woodyard on Cherrington Lane near Tetbury, Gloucestershire. In cooler months courses will be held in the yurt, with a woodburner, at Days Cottage in Brookthorpe on the A416 between Stroud and Gloucester.
- Cost of the course is £80 for the day.
- Tea, coffee and hot and cold water for drinks will be provided, as will biscuits and cake. Please being a packed lunch and your own flavourings (herbal teas etc) if you prefer.
- Starts at 10am – please arrive from 9.45 to settle in and have a cuppa before we start.
- Finishes at 5.00pm.
- All tools and timber provided.